Welcome to Debt-free Scholar – a blog that helps college students save money.
My name is Nate Desmond, and I have enjoyed writing blogs and learning about college for some time. Debt-free Scholar is the result of those two interests.
What is Debt-free Scholar?
As the name indicates, Debt-free Scholar focuses on helping college students complete college without the overwhelming debt that accompanies most degrees. In order to accomplish this goal, I feature articles explaining nearly every aspect of college. Topics range from avoiding scholarship scams to developing strong communication skills to finding free computer programs.
In early 2008, I first learned of a new publishing platform – the blog. Soon after, I started my first blog, Build Your Own Ecommerce Website. Over the next few months, I created a few other blogs – most of which are no longer online. Then, in February 2009, Debt-free Scholar began developing.
As I researched inexpensive college alternatives, I kept my eyes open for ways to save, or make, money. Finally, during my daily reading, I came upon an article called “How to Get Free Books to Review on Your Blog“. Recognizing the opportunity for free college books, I started Debt-free College (Now Debt-free Scholar) on a free blogger address. Later, I upgraded to the WordPress blogging platform, changed the name to Debt-free Scholar, and moved to my current website. Lord willing, the money earned from Debt-free Scholar will be able to cover a substantial amount of my college costs.
Subscribe to Debt-free Scholar
If you have enjoyed the content on Debt-free Scholar, please keep up with my most recent money-saving articles by subscribing via RSS, email, or Twitter. You can learn more about the subscription methods here.
- Site News – To learn more about Debt-free Scholar you can visit the “Site News” category which has information about my latest updates and design changes.
- Debt-free Scholar Blog Contest – One a month, I choose the “Top Ten Posts For Frugal Scholars” and post them on Debt-free Scholar.
- Comments Policy – If you comment on Debt-free Scholar, you might also be interested in reading my comments policy. (It is basically commonsense.)
- Health Policy – In addition to my main disclaimer (visible at the bottom of every page), I have a special disclaimer that covers any posts related to health. Sorry for the legal stuff – I just want to make sure I can’t be sued.
- Contact Me – For more information, feel free to contact me.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoy Debt-free Scholar!
Update: I now run SpeedyPrep, a CLEP preparation company.